I asked Karen to completely run a recruitment project for my business as I was too busy. I am so impressed with her organisational skills, efficiency and total professionalism throughout. She has done everything, kept me informed all the way and has saved me time and money plus I got the ideal candidate. Highly recommend her services.
I just want to thank Karen so much for helping me get my business back on track and for getting to the bottom of what I needed to help my business move forward. She had the amazing ability to help and advise me in the most positive, warm and supportive manner.
As a Head Teacher I led and conducted the recruitment process with staff at all levels throughout the organisation.
Busy Lives! can be responsible for the publicity and administrative work concerning recruitment of staff. This includes:
- Management of the sequence of dates for the advert, closing date, shortlisting and interview with the placement of adverts.
- managing application requests and responses.
- organising interview panels and hospitality.
- redrafting interview and reference letters.
- Preparation of interview timings, questions and tasks.
- arrangement of suitable rooms for tasks and the interview.
- collation of application packs for the interview panel and chasing references as necessary.
For business, it may be just one aspect of recruitment or implementing the whole process for / alongside clients. The businesses within this case study demonstrate just this.
The table below gives you a rough indication of the time involved:
|A||½ day||Initial recruitment paperwork – Job Description, Job Specification & adverts placed|
|B||1 day* (up to)||Dealing with enquiries, sending packs out & tracking interest (*4 mins per pack!)|
|C||½ day||Writing & sending shortlisting associated letters – invites to interview or not & sending for references|
|D||2 – 3 hours||Writing & compiling sets of questions & tasks for the applicants. Sending to the client for approval. Printing packs off in advance of the day.|
|E||1 day||Attending and supporting the interview day as part of the panel.|
Stuart Mobility – Burton Upon Trent, Derbyshire
- Recruitment associated paperwork specific to the needs of the client and new post researched, composed and written.
- Adverts placed on agreed sites.
- Dealing, following through, sending information packs & tracking enquiries.
- Production of a shortlisting pack for the client.
- Being part of the shortlisting panel.
- Following through with letters inviting or not to interview & sending for references.
- Writing & compiling interview day sets for the panel & applicants of questions and tasks.
- Attending and supporting the interview day as part of the panel.
Advert Job Description Job Specification Tracking database for analysis
Application Form Welcome Enquiry Pack Interview related letters
Reference Requests Timings for the Interview Day Panel Question Sheets
Interview Initiative Task Interview Letter Writing Task
Dance Equation – West Bridgford, Nottingham
- Email shortlisted applicants providing details of the audition.
- Check and confirm that all applicants are able to attend interview.
- Update risk assessment & add safeguarding requirements.
- Create the following forms (& masters) for the process: Excel spreadsheet & database / Audition registration form / GRDP including photograph consent for marketing form / Panel notes / Interview question sheet / Outline of timings / Things to remember.
- Assist with audition day, note take and conduct the formal interviews on behalf of the client advising where needed in the decision-making process.
- Email final applicants who were & weren’t successful on this occasion.
- Seek references for confirmed applicants.
- Input information on applicants onto client excel database.
Loates HR – Darley Abbey, Derbyshire
- Provide sample interview questions and tasks for the clerical post advertised.
Creationz Marketing – Beeston, Nottingham
- Shortlisting application letters and C.V.’s for a Marketing post vacancy.